HOW TO ADD COLORS TO EPOXY RESIN
*Before working with epoxy resin or any additional colorants, it’s always important to wear gloves and eyewear. For more information on what the best safety practices are when working with epoxy resin, click here.
If you are looking to achieve a specific color result, we recommend mixing a test batch first. Mix a small batch of epoxy, then add your colorant to produce your desired color. The ratio of epoxy resin to colorant, and the depth of your pour will impact the resulting color.
Check out our step-by-step guide to using Entropy Colors!
- Dispense your resin and hardener into a mixing container at the proper ratio as instructed by the manufacturer. For Entropy Resins products, the mix ratio is listed on the back of our hardener containers (Entropy Resins is a 2:1 ratio).
- Stir the epoxy resin and hardener together using a mixing stick until it is thoroughly mixed (about one minute).
- Add colorant to the epoxy mixture. Entropy Colors are potent, and it is much easier to add drops than to try and take them away. You can mix colors together to create a custom color blend. The maximum color loading we recommend is 5% of your total amount of epoxy (by weight or volume).
- Stir again for about one minute until the color is completely mixed in (stir for less time if you’re seeking a streaked effect).
- Pour epoxy onto your project, allow it to cure, and enjoy your masterpiece!